Among the easy ways to immigrate to the United States is applying for Employment Based Immigration, Second Preference (EB-2 Visa). The process of getting this visa is easier than many people believe. The vague terms employed in describing the process of procuring this visa is difficult for most intending applicants to understand, therefore, they are discouraged from applying because the qualifications appear as an uphill task. Now this is good news for you. You will be approved for this immigration visa by following these simple processes.
- Advanced degree (EB-2A)
- Exceptional ability (EB-2B)
Advanced Degree: EB-2(A)
To qualify under this sub-category, you must demonstrate you posses a US master’s or doctoral degree or its foreign equivalence. Alternatively, you can demonstrate you posses a bachelor degree with 5 years relevant work experience either from a US or foreign institution.
- You must submit an official academic record which can be a certified copy of your academic certificate/diploma or an official transcript sent from your university of graduation. Take note that what makes your academic record official is that it is sent directly from the University authority that issues the academic record. If you do not have a master’s or doctoral degree, you can submit an official academic record of your bachelor’s degree and letters from current or former employer certifying that you have 5 years relevant work experience. The 5 years work experience does not have to come from one single employment. It can be a cumulative experience from different employers in the same relevant field aggregating to 5 years or more. However, the experience must have been gained after acquiring the bachelor degree not before acquiring the bachelor degree. Applicant with master or P.hD. Does not need to certify the 5 years experience requirement. The employer must however show that the job require having an advanced degree.
- You must have a job offer from a US employer or already employed in the US or proof that you qualify for an immigrant visa under National Interest Waiver (NIW).
- The US employer must have an approved Application for Permanent Employment Certification from the Department of Labor Form ETA-9089. For certain professional nurses and physical therapist, the employer can summit the petition to United States Citizens and Immigration Services with an uncertified ETA-9089 for consideration as Schedule A. A waiver of this third criteria can be requested through “national interest waiver”.
- Your employer must file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.
Who can migrate with you?
Upon the approval of your Form I-140, your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be eligible to apply for admission to the United States under E-21 and E-22 immigrant status.
Copyright by Bankalypse and partner
For information on legal and social matters, visit www.bankalypse.com to read our articles, watch our videos and download our podcast. Our videos are also available on YouTube at Bankalypse Channel.
For more information on travelling process or help. Contact us